Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com
Sorrel is quickly becoming on of the more popular herbs around the world due to its high levels of nutrition and unique health promoting abilities. It can help to improve digestion, boost immunity and increase circulation, among many other health benefits which we will discuss in this video. You can add sorrel to many different recipes to enhance its flavour, such as soups or salads, or even add a small amount to your favourite smoothie recipe. Before consuming sorrel, discuss with your medical practitioner that it is right for you and correct dosages. Always consume it in moderation. Now, lets discuss some of the amazing health benefits of consuming sorrel.
1. First, sorrel is a great source of many different types of vitamins, minerals and other healthy nutrients that can promote our overall health. It is a great source of both vitamin C and vitamin A, along with magnesium, iron, potassium and vitamin B6. As well, it contains good levels of fibre and although it is low in calories, contains a decent amount of protein.
2. Regular consumption of sorrel can also help with digestion and promoting proper digestive tract functioning. This is often attributed to its good levels of dietary fibre. This fibre can help to add bulk and allow food to move through the digestive system more efficiently. This not only helps to increase nutrient uptake from the healthy foods we eat, but can also help to improve gastrointestinal issues and conditions, such as constipation, diarrhea and cramping.
3. Sorrel can also help to support the health of the heart many different ways and reduce the risk of developing heart disease. This is because sorrel contains many heart healthy nutrients. One especially important nutrient for heart health is potassium, which sorrel contains high levels of. Potassium helps to work as a vasodilator and can have positive effects of regulating and managing blood pressure levels. The good levels of magnesium, fibre and vitamin B6 are also helpful in this regard and can help increase circulation.
4. It can also help to boost immunity and prevent certain diseases. This is because sorrel is a tremendous source of vitamin A and vitamin C, two potent antioxidant compounds that can help to fight and eliminate free radicals that can damage the immune system. These nutrients works together to optimize the functioning of the immune system. Vitamin C helps to stimulate the immune system while also increasing white blood cells in the body that can help to reduce pathogens and other unwanted toxins.
5. Lastly, consuming sorrel may be able to help reduce the risk of some types of cancer. This is often attributed to its excellent levels of potent and unique antioxidants, such as anthocyanins, flavonoids and polyphenolic compounds. These compounds work to reduce free radicals in the body and reduce oxidative stress while also keeping our cells healthy. As well, as discussed previously, sorrel is also a great source of vitamin A and vitamin C, which is important for overall immune system health and functioning. Always discuss with your medical practitioner for further treatment and prevention methods in this regard.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.