Learn acrylic pouring for beginners in this step by step video tutorial. I’ll show you all of the basics that you’ll need to start acrylic pour painting on a budget with easy to find supplies.
This video is a great place to start for anyone who is just starting out with acrylic pour painting and wants to get a better idea about what’s involved.
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL HERE! http://www.youtube.com/user/kbeccadotcom?sub_confirmation=1
Join The Yay List for news & EXCLUSIVE FREEBIES : http://www.kbecca.com/yay/
+++++++ SUPPLIES +++++++
The following supply list contains affiliate links. I make a small commission if you purchase through these links, and I really appreciate it if you do!
– Husky Plastic Sheeting : http://www.kbecca.com/amz-husky-plastic-sheeting (or a large garbage bag / old newspapers / a bunch of plastic grocery bags / a painter’s dropcloth)
– Foil Cookie Tray (to catch most of the excess paint as it runs off the edges of the painting – I purchased a set of 2 for $1.00 at the dollar store)
– Vinyl Gloves (if you don’t want to be cleaning acrylic paint from under your fingernails for days, then use gloves – I buy mine by the box at Walmart in the cleaning supplies aisle)
– Acrylic Craft Paints (in the video, I used Folk Art & Americana brands, but I’ve also used Martha Stewart, Apple Barrell, and Michael’s Craftsmart store brands with good results)
– Elmer’s Glue All + Water : http://www.kbecca.com/amz-elmers-glueall
– Squeeze Bottle : http://www.kbecca.com/amazon-squeeze-bottles (I put the glue and water into this and shake it up until they’re well mixed. The squeeze bottles are a really easy way to dispense your pouring medium, and you can just put the cap back on when you’re not using so it doesn’t dry out)
– Food Service Portion Cups : http://www.kbecca.com/amz-food-service-portion-cups (to hold the paint / pouring medium mixture – you can use any small plastic cups for this, or you can save yogurt containers or even plastic cat food containers and use those)
– Wood Craft Sticks : http://www.kbecca.com/amz-wood-craft-sticks (to stir the paint / pouring medium mixture – I picked up a package of 100 for $1.00 at the dollar store, and once the paint is completely dry on them, you can reuse them)
– Art Alternatives 8×10 Canvas Panels : http://www.kbecca.com/amz-art-alternatives-canvas-panel-8×10 (if you want to hang your paintings on the wall, you should use a regular canvas, but I like these panels and buy them by the dozen from Amazon)
– Plastic Shot Glasses (to raise the canvas off of the work surface so the paint can flow off the edges after you pour – I bought a package of 24 plastic shot glasses for $1.00 at the dollar store, but you can use food service containers, plastic yogurt containers, cat food containers, or even a small box under the canvas)
+++++++ YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME AT +++++++