Spring is in the air, everything’s blooming, and we’re feeling romantic. Did you know that all the new things spring brings (say that three times fast) actually trigger more dopamine in our brains, leading to those romantic feelings? See, it’s science.
If you’re looking for a way to enhance an intimate evening with your partner, or just have a chill night on the couch to catch up and reconnect, CBD offers a host of benefits for couples.
Why is that? CBD can help you and your loved one sync your mood for a chill evening, enhance quiet moments together from brunch to the bath, and set the mood for a memorable evening.
What Is CBD?
CBD is short for cannabidiol, a chemical compound found in the cannabis plant. Unlike THC, which is the psychoactive compound in cannabis, CBD does not get you “high.” Instead, it offers therapeutic benefits that scientists are still just beginning to fully understand, including relaxing and calming effects.
It interacts with receptors in your Endocannabinoid System, which is closely integrated with your central and peripheral nervous systems. People who use CBD say that it calms and soothes them and imparts a wealth of other healthful effects.
Couples Quick-Start Guide
Before you can sync your chill, you need some ground rules. CBD is safe and easy to use with your partner. There are two simple matters to keep in mind:
- CBD takes different amounts of time to take effect and lasts different amounts of time, depending on your size and metabolism. So, the dose that works great for a smaller person probably won’t do a lot for a larger person, and will be slower to take effect. This often means that men require a slightly larger dose than women, or that your smaller partner may require less than you to reach the same benefits.
- How you ingest CBD also affects how quickly it takes effect and how long it lasts.
- • Vaping is by far the quickest way to get the benefits of CBD, because it hits your bloodstream much faster than through an edible. The downside is that the effects last for a shorter period of time, anywhere from 45 minutes to a couple of hours.
- • Tinctures are the second-fastest way to get the most from your CBD, taking effect within about 30 minutes and also lasting longer, with a slower release that lasts hours.
- • Edibles are the slowest way to get CBD to kick in, because they have to be digested and metabolized. But, this also means slower release and the longest lasting results.
- • Topicals deliver highly localized results, making them great for muscle soreness … plus, they pretty much require a massage.
Sync Your Chill
Synching your chill is one of the best day-to-day benefits of using CBD together as a couple.
Anyone in a relationship knows the exasperation that can come from being out of sync with a partner. One of you wants to binge watch something while the other one really needs to clean the entire apartment right this second. You’re in the mood for a quiet dinner, but your partner bought last-minute concert tickets.
All the CBD in the world can’t replace good communication, but once the two of you are in agreement that you want to chill together, CBD goes great with a quiet evening alone or with your day-to-day routine. Gummies and tinctures are a great place to begin.
You don’t have to have a heart-shaped tub to make the most of some romantic bath time.
A CBD Bath Bomb adds a fizzy, fun aura to a romantic bath, and includes skin-softening and detoxifying ingredients like lavender oil and Hawaiian black salt. Aromatic eucalyptus, spearmint, peppermint and arnica oils not only smell amazing, they’re believed to impart myriad therapeutic benefits, from soothing sore muscles to antioxidant properties.
Plus, they come in both Soothing Lavender and Recharging Eucalyptus formulas to set whatever mood the night may demand.
A romantic evening, a long day, a luxurious Sunday … you don’t need a special occasion for a great massage.
A topical CBD application can take any relaxing massage to a new level, and there are a few ways you can try it together as a couple. Your partner may love nothing more at the end of a long, stressful day than a nice foot massage.
To help with tired muscles, a Calming and Moisturizing Balm Stick not only contains the soothing benefits of CBD, but it’s also packed with active, aromatic botanicals like tea tree oil, lavender and chamomile for the amazing scents and calming properties of a spa day.
At-Home Spa Day
While we’re on the spa day track, a massage isn’t the only way you can incorporate CBD into relaxing time together.
A refreshing CBD Face Mask can kick off an amazing at-home spa experience, and you can choose from varieties in purifying charcoal, hydrating cucumber, calming lavender, soothing aloe vera, or toning rose.
And don’t let your face hog the mask real estate. Lavender and peppermint CBD Foot Masks will pamper your tootsies, too.
Desserts, baked goods and treats can be spiced up with a dash of CBD tincture in the recipe.
Simply decide on how much CBD you want per serving and add that much, multiplied by the number of servings you’re making. For example, if you’re making a dozen cookies, and you want your daily serving of CBD in one cookie, then multiply your daily serving by 12.
All Couples, All Times
CBD is a great choice for relaxation and intimacy between partners. It’s not limited to date nights, to new couples, or to romance. Spending time together, synching up your relaxation, and valuing each other’s company is valuable for every person and every relationship.