Apart from fighting bacterial and fungal skin infections, cannabidiol (CBD) from a medical cannabis store targets everyday aging, and helps to keep skin moist and young-looking. That said, understanding how CBD as a natural supplement can benefit skin health may be key to avoiding painful skin conditions.
What is CBD Oil?
CBD is a non-psychotropic phytocannabinoid and offers both therapeutic and medicinal benefits for humans and pets. CBD is natural, safe, and is derived from hemp and cannabis. Most CBD skin products will use CBD from hemp.
CBD Oil Benefits
- Acts as a pain reliever
- May help with depression
- May provide relief from cancer side effects from chemotherapy and radiation
- Promotes skin health by preventing sebaceous gland cells from secreting too much sebum
- May provide benefits to help with neurological disorders
- Helps decrease inflammation throughout the body
- May help prevent cognitive decline as you age
- May be beneficial for cardiac health
- CBD may be beneficial in preventing tumor growth
- CBD helps with diabetes prevention by reducing diabetes up to 56% and reducing associated inflammation in people affected with diabetes
- May help with digestive issues
- May help with blood disorders
Consumers need to look out for:
- CBD analysis can be different between labs.
- This is true for exact samples that have been tested several times.
- Business to business issues with CBD quality or the value of the intermediary CBD product.
- Inaccurate CBD levels may have a higher CBD level than stated on the product.
CBD Oil for Acne
The skin is the largest organ in the body and can absorb vital nutrients like CBD which helps with specific skin conditions like acne. The CBD can help with the following areas:
- To enrich and moisturize the skin
- CBD has anti-inflammatory properties to help reduce inflammation stemming from acne and skin infections.
- Cannabidiol oil has fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals that are key to optimizing skin health in people of all ages.
- CBD has antibacterial properties to help destroy bacteria and promote healthy skin.
A 2017 study published by Mary Ann Liebert adds that “At lower doses, it has physiological effects that promote and maintain health, including antioxidative, anti-inflammatory, and neuroprotection effects. For instance, CBD is more effective than vitamin C and E as a neuroprotective antioxidant and can ameliorate skin conditions such as acne.”
CBD Oil for Anti-Aging and Wrinkles
CBD oil relaxes the skin and makes wrinkles less prominent. It’s a phytocannabinoid that is rich in minerals, vitamins, and anti-inflammatory properties.
The use of CBD in either tincture, capsule, topical, or edible form helps to fight free-radicals that contribute to the aging process and wrinkles. That said, anti-aging skincare product lines can be found at medical cannabis shops, purchased online, or even at your dermatologist today.
CBD capsules combined with topical CBD ointments may have optimal benefits when used together. That said, always consult with your dermatologist for the best advice. Medical cannabis stores also have CBD experts that will discuss the many different potencies available.
CBD Oil for Sensitive Skin
A 2017 study from the University of Colorado shows that cannabinoids may soothe certain skin diseases. The study notes that cannabinoids may be “effective against eczema, psoriasis, atopic and contact dermatitis.” This study made note of how CBD is effective in curing the “itch” associated with pruritus and skin diseases.
CBD is a skin antioxidant, so you’ll be neutralizing free radicals and delaying the aging process. Cannabidiol may protect against DNA damage as well as fight inflammation throughout the body.
Consulting with a CBD supplement expert from a medical cannabis store near your home eliminates the need to try numerous CBD products. Instead, you’ll find new and expanded skincare CBD product lines of a high-quality, with a pure CBD oil, using the CO2 extraction process in a short amount of time.