There are numerous edible weeds that love to show up in gardens. When weeding your garden consider eating these highly nutritious and healthy plants (they make a great addition to salads)! For more info see the links below.
Edible plants in order of their appearance in this video:
– Chickweed (identification, distinguishing features, flowers, leaves, height, habitat & edible parts): https://www.ediblewildfood.com/chickweed.aspx
– Creeping Charlie: https://www.ediblewildfood.com/creeping-charlie.aspx
– Dandelion: https://www.ediblewildfood.com/dandelion.aspx
– Broadleaf Plantain: https://www.ediblewildfood.com/broadleaf-plantain.aspx
– Wood Sorrel: https://www.ediblewildfood.com/wood-sorrel.aspx
– Purslane: https://www.ediblewildfood.com/purslane.aspx
We also offer the following PDFs that have a ton of in-depth information on these plants (one $5 20-25 page PDF per plant):
– Creeping Charlie PDF: https://www.ediblewildfood.com/creeping-charlie.aspx
– Dandelion PDF: https://www.ediblewildfood.com/dandelion.aspx
Whether it is your garden or a garden planted in the community, there are foraging opportunities everywhere.
Be sure not to break any laws while foraging, and thank you for watching!
#gardening #weeds #edibleweeds