Purslane (Portulaca oleracea) is a tasty and popular wild plant. However, there is a toxic plant that often grows very close to it that confuses the untrained eye: hairy-stemmed spurge. This video will help you with proper identification. More info via the links below!
– Purslane PDF (over 20 pages of detailed info): https://www.ediblewildfood.com/edible-wild-plants-pdfs.aspx#PurslaneAnchor
– Purslane Identification: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq3uR-yMdIU
– Purslane (identification, distinguishing features, flowers, leaves, height, habitat & edible parts): https://www.ediblewildfood.com/purslane.aspx
– Purslane Nutrition, Facts & Recipes: https://www.ediblewildfood.com/blog/2018/07/purslane-nutrition-facts-and-recipes/
– Spurge (identification, etc.): https://www.ediblewildfood.com/poisonous-plants.aspx#spurge
– Oak Leaf Goosefoot (identification, etc.): https://www.ediblewildfood.com/oak-leaf-goosefoot.aspx
#purslane #hairystemmedspurge #Portulaca